Felixstowe Labour Branch
Posted on 16-05-18 by Suffolk Coastal CLP
Number of votes: 0 | Number of comments: 0
Natural Environment: Rules and Regulations
- Need to increase enforcement of existing environmental laws
- Streamline prosecution to make enforcement easier
- Improve education on environmental education eg for people whose first language is not English
- Sourcing of equipment eg wind farms from China is not environmentally friendly
- Oppose tidal barrages because of loss of habitat, migration routes for fish etc
- Regulate all shipping emissions
- Need joined up thinking between planning and environment eg building car park instead of improving public transport or will new housing increase cars on the roads
- Ban diesel engines or make sure they are clean
- New planning permissions should include electric charging points
- Encourage lorries not to leave engines idling
- Smarter traffic management so vehicles are not waiting at traffic lights for long periods.
The Environment, Energy and Culture Policy Commission is tasked with leading Labour’s policy development on the environment, food and rural affairs, energy and climate change, and culture, media and sport.