South West Bedfordshire constituency Labour Party proposes that the Labour Party should commit to dismantling the NHS internal market in full, with appropriate safeguards. This must:
• be done with public health at the core of services, both planning and monitoring
• build public health advice into PCNs and ICSs - public health expertise is required to plan, evaluate, and monitor health and services.
• require an Annual Health Report for each area, with a minimum dataset of health outcomes and performance monitoring needs to re-instated.
• ensure accountability to the population and community served as well as to the NHS centrally.
• provide adequate safeguards to ensure organisations providing PCNs, ICS and related services are generally not for profit and maintain a community health focus.