Jeremy Corbyn has marked Armistice Day with five major pledges to support the armed forces and their families.
Labour’s upcoming manifesto will include pledges for
- Fair Pay: Labour will scrap the public sector pay cap.
- Decent housing: the next Labour government will end the growing reliance on the private rented sector.
- A voice for service men and women: Labour will consult on creating a representative body, similar to the Police Federation.
- Ending privatisation: Labour will conduct a root and branch review of outsourcing.
- Support for forces children: the next Labour government will ensure better access to schools with a dedicated local authorities admissions strategy to help with frequent school moves.
Jeremy Corbyn, Leader of the Labour Party, said:
“Real security requires decent pay, decent housing, support for our armed forces and their families, and a way to get their voice heard.”
These pledges will form part of the upcoming Labour manifesto. Sign up here to be the first to hear about the 2019 manifesto: labour.org.uk/manifesto-2019/