The Labour Policymaking website allows users to interact with one another, access information and resources from the Labour Party and organise discussions and events.
The site is designed for people to contribute to policy debates and to communicate with each other, to discuss policy and ideas, and to organise discussions and events in their area and nationally. Whilst open discussion and debate is encouraged please follow the guidelines of use below.
The site is not intended as a mechanism for detailed replies from the Labour Party or its representatives. These are best with dealt via private correspondence; or in the case of Labour Party representatives via their own specified contact procedures, where available. Whilst contributions are welcome from anyone the site is not intended as a platform for those who do not share the Labour Party's values.
These terms are posted here by The Labour Party ("the Party", "we", "our" or "us"). We are the owner of the site Labour Policymaking www.policyforum.labour.org.uk. You, the user ("user", "users", "you" or "your"), are subject to the terms and principles as outlined below. Please take a moment to read them. Creating an account and using of the site constitutes acceptance of these terms in full.
Content on the site provided by the Labour Party is correct at the time of posting, and best efforts will be made to keep it up to date. The Party will also endeavour to ensure that the site is available to users 24 hours a day; however no liability will be taken if for any reason the site in not available at any time or period.
By accessing these sites, the user agrees to abide by the terms and principles outlined, and also agree that infringement of these will result in suspension or removal of their account.
This document may be revised at any time by updating these terms and re-posting them here. We would recommend that you regularly check this document for any amendments, as once posted onto the site you will be expected to comply with them.
There may be from time to time, more specific terms that outline internal procedures, or for another reason require an amendment of the terms. If these more specific terms are posted on the site, they will take precedence.
By accessing this site you are agreeing to provide accurate contact information, and it is incumbent upon users to endeavour to keep their contact details updated via the mechanisms provided.
The use of discussions, blogs and all other comments is welcomed, as a mechanism for exchanging views and debate. However, users accept responsibility for their content.
Whilst we shall endeavour to monitor this content, it is not always possible to review all content generated, at all times. Users are asked to flag up any content that may be deemed to infringe upon any terms, or is believed to be requiring the attention of the administrators via the mechanisms provided. The Labour Party does not take responsibility for user generated content, and cannot confirm the validity of information not originally posted by the Party.
Users are asked to maintain a civil tone in their content across the site, and also asked to read the enumerated terms as laid out below.
1) You will not use the messaging or posting facilities to spam users or groups of users.
2) You will not attempt to 'harvest', or otherwise systematically collect users' account information.
3) You will not ask for other users' login information or attempt to log into an account belonging to another user.
4) You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
5) You will not post content that is racist, hateful, threatening, demeaning to other users or that contains nudity or violence.
6) You will not use the site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
7) You will think carefully about the language you use when posting about potenitally upsetting or sensative policy areas, and where possible try to provide a warning to readers that their post will contain potentially upsetting information
8) You will not attempt to create an account for anyone other than yourself, or your organisation.
9) You will not provide any false personal information in order to create multiple user accounts.
10 You will not post content or take any action that violates UK law via this site.
11) As well as site administrators, users who set up discussions or blogs within the site are asked to help with moderation by notifying site administrators of items that infringe upon these guidelines.
12) Any user generated content that is deemed as infringing upon these guidelines shall be removed.
13) Users who are deemed to be infringing these guidelines will have their account suspended, or deleted.
14) Users take sole responsibility for their content and actions
15) In the instance of images, and video footage, by uploading such material you are confirming that you have the right to use this media, or otherwise distribute it, including permission from, or for, all persons depicted in such media; that the content is your original work and you have the right to post it; and that where you may grant the use of media that the Labour Party may use the image.
16) Users shall not purposefully disseminate sensitive information (including links, contact details, campaigns content, or documentation) found within the that may be used to the detriment of the Party or contributors to the site.
17) You will use any online tools provided via your account responsibly.
Third Party Organisations
The Labour Party will not pass on any User Information to any Third Parties. However, Third Party organisations may set up pages or discussions and contact users via this route. Users who provide information via group pages, event pages and in messaging to Third Party Organisations do so at their own discretion.
This site contains links to outside sites, for which The Labour Party has no responsibility. Users should be aware that they should consult the terms and conditions of these sites.
The sites may also host, or integrate, into a range of Third Party sites, such as Flickr and YouTube, Users are similarly directed to the respective sites for privacy and fair usage policies.